Friday, September 26, 2008


It’s been nearly two months since I was down in FL with the family. We had so much fun visiting with old friends and making new ones. I so enjoyed the opportunity to worship and share some of my music with you.

I want to thank you for inviting or coming out to hear us play in August! It was such a blessing to see so many familiar faces and hear such encouraging words.

Here is the update on the CD and future happenings. The CD is in the works, but the pace has slowed a bit. We are hoping to have five songs complete, and as they say radio ready, by the end of the year (likely, before Christmas). My producer tells me I was a bit optimistic about our October release date.

However, we do have something to offer you while you wait for the CD. My husband, Brian, being in the film business, is occasionally able to pull a few strings. What I’m trying to say is that we made a music video of a new song I wrote called, “Christmas Day.” We will be finished with this single in October, and it will be available to purchase as a song and video!

Current Happenings
We are busy preparing for two events. The first is Saturday November 1st. We were invited to play at InterVarsity’s “Nashville Urban Dip” this year! College students from across Tennessee will converge on Nashville for a short mission project/conference. We will be providing a time of worship and entertainment for the students on Saturday evening.

Please pray for these students – that they would have a good time and allow God to move through them and in their midst.

The second event is a Cystic Fibrosis Fundraiser on November 6th. We are simply the background music for this worthy cause. Please pray for their fundraising efforts and that our musical choices would be appropriate for this evening.

Lastly, I ask for your prayers as we continue to push forward with recording, editing (the video) and pursuing God as a family and as artists. I look forward to sharing more with you very soon.

Thank you. I welcome your emails.
In Christ’s Hands,
JP Murie
www.myspace.com/jpmurie

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Wow...it's amazing to see how your calling as "musician" is growing. I remember a conversation when we first met...you mentioning these dreams coming to fruition "one day". Well, that day is here...the Lord is so faithful! Congrats on your new gigs, hopefully we'll be able to come hear you play one day soon!